Friday, June 12, 2015

Solving Uncertainties

I found a copy of an old poem I wrote in high school. The topic was about math, but I couldn't understand why poem writing needed to be a part of the subject.

Anyway, here it is. All lines have 10 syllables, so that's all I could come up with.

It's entitled Solving Uncertainties.



I.
Know or not know is always the question
Math, exact science, is it really so?
Figures and numbers, lines and equations
Makes my head turning, which way should I go?

II.
A triangle's sides always come in three!
But why does a squareroot lack sides of four?
Numbers and alphabets, partners can be
Look! With a formula, I'm getting bored

III.
Can I taste a pi, why isn't it sweet?
Why two parallel lines never can meet?
Millions, billions up to the centillions
Rhyme sure they do, then why not "gazillions"?

IV.
Egg or the chicken, which one had gone first?
Zero is zilch, why negative is worst?
Infinite numbers, how far will they last?
"X" and "Y" axis, each other they pass

V.
Round off or fraction, decimal or whole.
Answers to gather, forever be sure.
Math, exact science, will hone your mind though.
Solve these uncertainties, you will have gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...